Townsville Region Local Services
Townsville Region ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Townsville Region site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Townsville Region Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Townsville Region When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Townsville Region Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Townsville Region Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Townsville Region ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Townsville Region and a Place to Meet
The townsville.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Townsville Region
Townsville Region is a beautiful region located in the northern part of Queensland, Australia. It is home to several interesting landmarks and attractions which tourists love to visit. Below are some unique facts about Townsville Region:
1. Magnetic Island lies just off the coast of Townsville and is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the region. It is known for its natural beauty, rugged landscape and diverse wildlife.
2. The Townsville Civic Theatre, built in 1978, has been a hub for the performing arts. The Theatre hosts a variety of events and shows year-round, including international acts and locally produced shows.
3. Townsville is the largest city in North Queensland and provides housing to over 180,000 residents.
4. The Great Barrier Reef, the world’s largest coral reef system, is accessible from Townsville.
5. Castle Hill in Townsville provides a panoramic view of the city and its surroundings. It is a popular spot for locals and tourists to hike, jog or simply enjoy the view.
6. The Strand, an Esplanade overlooking the Waterfront, is the city’s premier entertainment venue and spans for more than 2 km.
7. Townsville holds the record for the highest ever recorded temperatures in an Australian city, which was 44.2°C in 1990.
8. Kissing Point Fort is a military fort from World War 2 and is open to the public as a historical site.
9. The Flinders Street East Red Light District in Townsville was notorious during the second world war, as it was seen as the seedy underbelly for soldiers.
10. Townsville is also home to the Army’s 3rd Brigade which is vital in the defense of Northern Australia.
These are just some of the interesting facts about Townsville Region, and whether you are a nature lover, history buff, or just in need of a relaxing vacation, this region is definitely worth a visit.