Townsville Region Event Calendar
Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthEach year in Australia Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month is held in February to raise awareness of Ovarian Cancer
Thu Feb 1st 2024
Total Results = 1
You or your Marketing Manager can list a Community or Business Event here. If you would like to advertise your Townsville Region event simply Login
Events in and around Townsville Region
Greetings from Townsville Region, Queensland, Australia! We are excited to share with you the various seasonal events that will keep you entertained throughout the year. Get ready to be amazed!
The Australian summer season is known for its warm weather and lovely clear skies, making it perfect for outdoor events. Here are the events that you should not miss:
1. Townsville Australia Day Celebrations – Every 26th of January, the Townsville community comes together to celebrate Australia Day. This event includes a breakfast barbecue, live music performances, sports activities, and fireworks.
2. Magnetic Island Race Week – This is one of the most exciting events in the sailing calendar, where yachts from all over Australia come to compete in the Magnetic Island Race Week. The event takes place in August and involves many festivities for participants and onlookers.
3. Strand Ephemera – Every two years, Townsville Strand becomes a stage for this delightful outdoor art exhibition. Local and international artists display their public installations for all to see, often using the beautiful scenery as inspiration. Strand Ephemera is a unique event that offers the perfect combination of art and natural beauty.
Autumn is a great time in Townsville Region, with more moderate temperatures and plenty of activities for the whole family. These are some of the events happening in Autumn:
1. Townsville Cultural Fest – This event is all about embracing diversity and celebrating multiculturalism. It is a four-day festival that brings together different communities through music, food, and art.
2. Magnetic Island Bay Dayz Festival – Held in May, this festival features mixed media art, live music, and street performances. You can also participate in outdoor activities like snorkelling, cruising, and stand-up paddleboarding. This festival caters to all who love the island life.
3. The Big Country Music Festival – Held annually in April, this is Townsville's biggest country music event. The festival showcases some of the best local and international country singers and bands.
Winter in Townsville Region is not as harsh as in other parts of the country, making it a great time for outdoor fun. Below are some activities perfect for the season:
1. North Queensland Games – This sporting event sees over 30 different sports being represented by athletes from all over North Queensland. The competition is held over three days during winter.
2. Paluma Push Bike Challenge – This event is an ideal day out for cycling enthusiasts and their families. The Paluma Push is a 42-kilometre course that takes riders up to Paluma village from the township of Paluma.
3. Townsville Running Festival – The running festival takes place in August and is open to runners of all levels. The event comprises of multiple races, including the full marathon, the half marathon, and shorter distances.
Spring is a season of renewal, and in Townsville Region, there are many events that will help you shed off the winter gloom and bask in the sunny weather.
1. Townsville Rock Fest – This musical event brings together rock and blues bands from different parts of the country. The festival has been running for over a decade and sees music lovers flock to the area in September.
2. Burdekin Water Festival – Held annually in September, this festival celebrates the role of local agriculture in the Townsville region. The festival comprises of a float parade, water events, and a street fair.
3. Oktoberfest – This event is held in October and is an exciting day out for beer lovers. The festival features traditional German food, beer, and music.
Townsville Region has a wealth of seasonal events that cater to all age groups and interests. From music to sporting events, food festivals to outdoor activities, there is always something happening in the area. Make sure to mark your diary and experience the amazing events yourself!
Townsville City Council
Address: 103 Walker St, Townsville QLD 4810, Australia
Phone: +61 7 4727 9680